Location: Craigieburn, Victoria
Client: Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM)
Role of Coleman Rail: Head Contractor
Project Summary: Design & Construct; Construct Only; Greenfield Developments; Brownfield Redevelopments; Specialist Rail Services; Complex Multidisciplinary; Freight & Heavy Haul; Metro
Facilitating the expansion of Melbourne’s metropolitan passenger train network, the Craigieburn Rail Projects enable electric trains to be stabled, maintained and cleaned at a predominantly greenfield site at Craigieburn in Melbourne’s outer north.
The Craigieburn Projects included:
- Construction and commissioning of new electrified Stabling Yards – Stages 1, 2, 3 and 4, consisting of 17 new stabling tracks, three elevated outdoor maintenance tracks, a holding track and associated signalling, communications and access infrastructure.
- Construction and commissioning of new Drivers’ Amenities, Signalling Relay and Communications Buildings.
- Upgrade of the Mainline between Broadmeadows and Craigieburn to enable rail operations headway reductions between Craigieburn and Broadmeadows stations and interconnections to the new Rail Yards.
- Reconstruction of a Craigieburn Station Passenger Platform.
- Construction and commissioning of Australia’s first fully automated rollover Train Washing Facility.
Coleman Rail Contact Person: Chris Morralee