The Coleman Rail Business of Geotech Holdings was established under the leadership of Chris Morralee
Coleman Rail acquires BT&KA, a heavy rail contractor with over 15 years' experience throughout Australia. Representative projects prior to the acquisition were:
- ABT (Tourist) Railway from Queenstown to Strahan, Tasmania
- Jolimont Stabling Yards in Melbourne
- Re-sleepering of the Melbourne to Albury rail line.
Following the acquisition, the business was progressively restructured to better approach a diverse and more complex stream of works, services and projects.
Representative projects undertaken during this period were:
- Tram track reconstruction work across Melbourne
- Re-sleepering of ARTC (Australian Rail Track Corporation) lines in Northern NSW and the Hunter Valley
- Train station platform reconstructions at Broadmeadows, Huntingdale and Flinders Street Platforms 12 & 13
- Spencer Street Station Redevelopment Trackworks
- Docklands Drive Tramway Extension.
- Coleman Rail's first major project awarded and successfully completed – Stage 1 Glenelg Tramline Upgrade in Adelaide: a Design & Construct contract to rebuild the 100-year-old tramline from Glenelg to Victoria Square involving reconstruction of all platforms, replacement of rails, overhead wiring, and electrical systems and signalling.
- Coleman Rail awarded the contract for the Glenelg Tramline Extension from King William Street to North Terrace in Adelaide. A million dollar Design & Construct contract for the construction of a totally new tramline in a main road of the Adelaide CBD.
- Glengowrie Tram Depot Upgrade – Adelaide.
- Growth of the Coleman Rail business
- Coleman Rail successfully delivering fast-track projects in live rail environments with complex stakeholders, through night-time and weekend occupations
- Craigieburn Stabling Yards won and successfully completed
- Melbourne Tram Platform and Tram Track constructions and reconstructions
- Joint Venture established for the reconstruction of the Adelaide metropolitan train lines
- Dynon Rail Yards Upgrade in West Melbourne
- Joint Venture established to deliver the Adelaide Rail Revitalisation Project.
- Following growth and diversification, Sean Bonham is appointed in the role of Coleman Rail's General Manager to support Chris Morralee.
- Further growth of the business
- Permanent office established in Brisbane to service Qld Rail market
- Representative projects during this period include: -
- Joint Venture established for Regional Rail Link
- Alliance participation for Regional Rail Link
- Preston Plate Shop Redevelopment
- Officer Rail Road Grade Separation
- Brunswick Maintenance Facility Upgrade
- Domain Interchange
- Marrangaroo Rail Tunnel Floor Lowering.